Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Operation "Back Pain"

I have no idea what is going on but I have never been in so much pain in my life. My lower back is killing me and it was the worst last night. I had to cut my visit short with Pete and the girls, which made me very mad at myself but I was not being very good company. There were sharp pains with every breath. I tried exercises, heat, ice, stretches, etc. Two Vicodin barely touched it. Finally after about 1 1/2 hours, they called the doctor and he ordered a shot of Nubane. Helped a little but it wasn't until 12:30 am when they gave me 2 more Vicodin (pain med), Ambien (sleeping pill), Flexerol (muscle relaxant), and it was 1 hour after the Nubane that I finally felt some relief and slept. My doctor told me to just keep up with the Vicodin and not wait until I am in pain. Problem being, Vicodin makes me VERY sleepy so I have been loopy/passed out for almost 3 days. Oh well, just keeping my eye on the prize! :)

On a lighter note, we had an ultrasound today and our growing boy that measured 4 lbs 10 oz just 2 short weeks ago, is now up to 6 lbs 3 oz. Guess that's what happens when all you do is sit around and eat!

My doctor came in this morning and it sounds like he is still debating between 36 and 37 weeks. So I have decided, as hard as it is for my OCD/Type A personality to just roll with it. I have a feeling if the back pain persists, it would be darn-near torturous for him to have me go to 37 weeks but I digress...

All in all, not too bored thanks to One Tree Hill :) Onto season #5 and enjoying the crazy high school drama television. It briefly makes me forget where I am and what's going on.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

1 comment:

ladyturtle2 said...

You are awesome! Keep it up!