Saturday, May 14, 2011

2 more weeks!!

I am officially 34 weeks pregnant today and I am feeling pretty good about that. As a NICU nurse, 34 weeks are typically pretty "boring" so I am hoping after another 2 weeks, Jake will be just like every other newborn - just smaller than my normal offspring :)

I have had a pretty good past couple of days. NICU nurse visits, husband visits, friends visits, One Tree Hill marathon, etc. I am embarrassed to admit that I actually had a dream last night about One Tree Hill....

Anyways, Jackie from NICU came over for a quick visit this morning. My husband brought the girls in shortly thereafter. He is so cute - he puts them in dresses so they "dress up" to come see me. They look absolutely adorable and he had Grace in pigtails! Hilarious! My friend, Kit, from college drove down from Lafayette and brought some lunch. She also took me outside and we talked in the wonderful fresh air. It was so great to see her!

As far as baby update goes, things are status quo. Still getting monitored 3 times a day and given meds to stop contractions 4 times a day. Contractions are occasional and pretty painless so I am hoping it stays that way! The goal is to be 36 weeks so May 28th is the day (Most likely, the doctors MAY opt to go for one more week but we will see)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 comment:

brooke said...

Keep up the good work and I will see you today