Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day #4

I am proud to announce that I am 33 weeks today! As silly as it sounds, I like the ring of 33 weeks much more than 32 weeks!

My day has been very slow, but pleasant. I wasn't sure if Saturday would bring more activity, visitors, phone calls or what to expect. Pete came for about an hour and otherwise it has been me flying solo. I have gotten hooked on the TV show "One Tree Hill". Certainly not a super, high-quality show but definately does the trick of entertaining me.

I was able to get a good 6-7 hours of sleep last night and have even taken 2 naps today so I am feeling rejuvinated! The doctor came in this morning and said that he MIGHT let me out on a wheelchair ride tomorrow! I am so excited! Haven't left this room in 4 days so this is great news!

Needless to say, today has been a very relaxing day. I was able to talk on the phone with my sister and my good friend from Chicago for a bit.

My brother says my family is like the Colts right now - keep getting injured but just keep truckin' along. I like this expression...not only because I love the Colts, but because it shows my family's strength. Obviously losing my dad was the most difficult "injury" but we are pulling through together. The happiest "injury" is the birth of a beautiful baby girl, Allison. All of these other little "injuries" are just testaments to what our family is capable of I suppose.

My mom put her house on the market on Monday. I have had mixed emotions about this. Primarily, very happy for her and supportive of whatever she wants/needs to do to help grieve and move on as much as she can. Selfishly though, this is a very sad thing to me. Its the only house I've ever lived in as a child...from birth until marriage, Rowin Road was my home. It has so many memories in it. My mom has already received two offers on the house. In other words, its sold! She has found a perfect place to move to as well. Things could not have gone better! The pity party for myself is that if it closes quickly, will I ever step foot in that house again? Or was the last time I was over there, just casually passing through, the last time I will be there? I didn't even get to have a moment to take it all in. Whatever happens, I will always have the memories and am very happy for this new step in my mom (and my family's) life.

I have big plans for tonight :) Mike and Cindy are coming and we are going to play some cards! Pete is picking up some takeout and it is going to be a hospitalized double date! Ha! Plus, a couple of friends from work are going to swing over...it is going to be a party in this room!

Thanks to everyone for all of the love and support! It means more than you know!

Feeling blessed for another successful, pregnant day! :)

2 comments:

brooke said...

Keep up the updates. Love you

~Me said...

Laura,
Just wanted to let you know that I am continuing to pray for you and your family. God bless:-)