Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day #15

After being here for 15 days, there are just some things that you have to laugh at.

For instance, is asking me a question as you put the thermometer in my mouth really the best timing??

Or, if I tell you I am excited that a season finale is on and am watching it (clearly no DVR or ability to pause)... it may not be the best time to have a gab fest!

My room is right by the director's office and the door has a tendency to slam whenever she goes in and out. When they come around and ask me if there is anything that can be done to improve the care, can I really ANONYMOUSLY explain that the director's door slams shut? No, because I am the only room next to her! :)

Who am I kidding though? These nurses are great, some of these things you just have to have some humor about.

My back is still the only problem right now and I think it is just this little one getting bigger and putting more and more pressure on my right back/hip. Drugs, stretches, ice and heat seems to solve the problem. Praying that in 9-16 days when this little one is born that the pain goes away.

Speaking of 9-16 days from now... I cannot wait! I am so excited to meet this little one. Of course I was ecstatic when Claire and Grace were born but I think there will be a different feeling when Jake is born. Particularly because I will have had 4 weeks to sit and think about that moment. I will be overwhelmed when I hear little Jake cry and they tell me there were no complications with surgery. I can't imagine that feeling but I can't wait for it!

Today I got a visit from an old friend, Beth. It was so great to see her and she always brings a smile to my face! Mike also brought me a diet pepsi and mozarella sticks - yummy!! My friend, Sarah came and brought me dinner and we went outside and chatted for my 45 minute wheelchair ride. It has been a great day!

Pete's mom just got in tonight and what a relief! All of our family and friends have been amazing, but there is something extra comforting about knowing my girls will be at our home with the same caregiver for the next week! Again, my family and friends have been wonderful and I am just so glad our girls are getting taken care of so well. So blessed...

Weeks: 35+5
Goal: 8-15 more days

No comments: