Tuesday, November 11, 2014

October 2014

We started the month of October with a visit from Aunt Beth and Uncle Matt.  We had a great time hanging out around the house and played a couple intense games of hide and go seek.  Beth and Matt were troopers and let the kids paint their nails and decorate their hair.  We are always thankful when my family makes the trip over to see us.

 The next weekend, I made the trip back to Ohio by myself to walk at 'Light the Night" which is an annual walk we do in memory of my dad.  It was a very sentimental night and I really enjoyed being able to spend some relaxing time with my family without trying to juggle three kiddos.

The final weekend in October, we headed back to Indy.  Pete and I head a little overnight getaway and drove up to Purdue.  We were able to catch up with a couple of friends in Indy and up at Purdue and we had a relaxing 24 hours away.  When we got back, we went on a shopping spree to get some new clothes.  It was a "one year post surgery" shopping spree and it was fun.  I'm usually not one for shopping, but it was one of the most fun times I have ever had shopping!  While in Indy, we celebrated my uncle and Grace's birthdays.  I always love visits home and look forward to heading home for the holidays.

No October would be complete without Halloween of course.  One of my friends from work made "Elsa" costumes for Claire and Grace.  Jake protected his big sisters by dressing up as Batman.  The weather was perfect for trick or treating, but Grace and Jake were tired after about 1 hour.  Grace was so tired, Claire carried her bag up to the houses since it was "too heavy" for poor little Grace :)  I took the younger two home and Pete took Claire to a few more houses.  Pete relived his childhood and scurried across the street to the bigger houses in hopes of scoring full size candy bars!

I was fortunate enough to help with Grace and Jake's "Harvest Celebration".  I helped paint and do art with Jake and his class and then read his class a story.  Afterwards, I went to Grace's class and read them a story.

Pictures from Beth and Matt's visit:







ELSA #1 and #2



Pictures from Light the Night:





Pictures from our trip to Indy:








Happy Halloween


Harvest Celebration at Grace and Jake's School:




No comments: